holley bugspray

anyone know where i can get my hands on one of these?

Reply to
Exille

or actually....any carb thats better than my broken,leaky solex, has a nice long crack along the fuel bowl, never seemed to sork well with my dp

1600...prolly from the crack heh

Reply to
Exille

replace it with another pict 34 carb you will be much happier then messing with something like a( LOL can't even finish with out laughing) bugspray's (they should all be on pintos in some Japanese junk yard)

Reply to
Kafertoys

Don't recall pintos being japanese or having bugspray carbs.

Randy

RSMEINER

Reply to
Ben Boyle

In fact, if I could find 1 of the late 70's pinto crusing wagens in decent shape, I would buy in a second.

Randy

RSMEINER

Reply to
Ilambert

i think the poster is confusing the "holley/webber" progressive(used on pinto's as well as many other vehicles) as being the "bugspray"...Japanese? no, but the

2.0 was german...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

My 74 pinto had a weber, not a holley on it. Same with my 78 mustang. Not sure whats on my Ranger but I know it's not a holley.

Randy

RSMEINER

Randy, what region are you in, I saw one in Sacramento last week.

Mike.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

Nebraska. To far to go to get a car. But it's a hell of a nice train ride from here to Sacramento.

Randy

RSMEINER

I'm ready to believe you when you say that the Holley is not a good choice for ACVWs, but I wonder if you might elaborate as to why that is so, just for my own general education about VWs.

Jim

Reply to
Nearly Normal Jimmy

Reply to
Ilambert

Reply to
Ilambert

Reply to
Ilambert

I actually have a holley progressive 2bl carb with an original Claudes buggys (CB performance) manifold in super condition that I plan on using on my super this summer. I've always liked them and have kept this package sealed in plastic for years. My opinion of course. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

The holley set up that I have is a holley not a webber. Its number matches some of the ones used on the early options on the K-cars 2.0 I believe for the rebuild kits. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Mine was stamped Weber 32/36 DGAV. Nothing about holley on it.

My understanding is there were 3 different carbs on the 2300 motor. My pinto was assembled in Canada.

I will check the Ranger and see what it says.

Randy

RSMEINER

I'm starting to get the itch for another 1. I always did like that pinto and with just a little work and even less money, it would keep up with most stock 350 cars.

Randy

RSMEINER

Reply to
Ilambert