Hood seal C channel

I am new to minor body work. I took the fender and hood off my '68 beetle and I have to put new fender beading on and a rubber seal around the hood. With regards to the hood, what does the C channel do with regard to sealing? (Derrr!) what do I have to look out for when putting on the fender beading and what sort of adhesive (if any) should I use for the hood rubber and beading ThanX amanda

Reply to
purpleturtle

I recomend you get WCM rebber hood seal and fender beading.

the C channel is what holds the hood seal in place. You might have to do alittle work to get the C channel back in shape to install the seal. I cut a grove in the end of a screwdriver so I could run it down the channel, this allows to pry it up and back in to shape.

even if you get the good fender beading with areas cut for fender bolts you more then likely have to cut for a few of the bolts. there is no adhesive used on either seal the fender beading is held by sandwiching between the fender and the body and the hood seal by the C channel.

hope this helps Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys