Re: Hood Seal Channel - Need Pic

Never mind.

Cruising through the neighborhood tody, I saw a resto in a guy's garage, and I stopped and looked at it.

If anyone cares, the seal channel just stops a the top of the corner, and starts again at the bottom. The seal takes care of itself, with no channel in the corner itself.

Yeah, okay. So I chopped out all the old rusty hood seal channel on my 72 > standard beetle and pitched it before I thought about taking a picture of it > or paying any attention to how it went in. Now I don't know how it made the > transition from the top piece along the windshield to the pieces going down > along the top of the fenders. >: > > Can someone post a pic of how the corners are done? > > I attached a pic of where it is I'm talking about, but it's the corners, > near the right & left edges of the car, right in front of the windshield. > > > >
Reply to
Lee

...........The seal has three fingers(?) at each corner that are supposed to be pulled through corresponding holes at the corners until they're locked in place.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Those holes were filled in with bodyfiller on my 68 beetle, after a bit of poking I found 2 of them on each side.

Reply to
Adam

Ahh. Excellent. I didn't glean this from the quick look I took. I have holes too. I bet if I went out and looked at the new seal, I'd see the fingers.

Thanks to both of you.

Reply to
Lee

..............It's not that often that I get to offer anything helpful here. Thank you for asking a question that gave me the chance!

Reply to
Tim Rogers