Super Beetle Convertible Carpeting

The original carpeting that I removed from my 1971 Super Beetle Convertible had a rubber strip attached to the piece that covers the heater channel. This fit into a channel welded to the car similair to the channel attached to the front for the hood seal. I can't see to find carpeting that has this rubber sewn in. Does anyone know who sells carpeting that has this strip attached. What are my other options, just glueing down the carpet over the cannel - lame?

Ernie

Reply to
Ernest Franzen

I have a hardtop instead of a convertible, so I don't know how much difference it makes. I put TMI carpet in my '69 Standard and it had the strip sewn onto the edge of the carpet. Can't remember where I bought it from (CIP1 or Kustom1 Warehouse), but several vendors sell TMI carpets.

Reply to
Malcolm

Thanks for the information. I have their catalog, but it didn't mention it. I'll give them a call.

Reply to
Ernest Franzen