how are SoCal Wide 5 disk kit and front beams?

I was wondering if anyone out there has tried the SoCal Imports "zero offset" Wide 5 link pin (front) disk brake kit. I'm thinking of converting my 1960 Ghia to disk brakes up front... Tire to fender clearance is a real issue since I'm running 195/60/15 Dunlop D60 A2 on

5.5" rims all around.

And while we're at it, has anyone out there tried SoCal's spindle to spindle adjustable beams? What did you pay for it and when? I'm staying away from the dropped spindles because I think it will be too low and increase my rubbing problem.

So here's a bit about my Ghia... 1960 Ghia hardtop, full synchro swingaxle fitted, 1600 home built with engle 110, CW crank, balanced rods, pistons, stock flywheel, stock dual port heads with some minor clean up in the ports to remove flashing, and match ported to the intake end castings and heat boxes, 009 with pertronix e-ignition. Previously ran with dual Weber 34ICT but now experimenting with single

34PICT-3. 40,000 miles since being built in 2/99. I'm about to fit the Gene Berg traction bar and intermediate tranny mount (rubber mount). Some might find it interesting that I have found no performance difference between the dual baby Webers and the 34PICT-3. In fact, the single carb seems to work better with crisper response. It's a fast 1600, fun to drive. Anyways, I digress.

Thanks in advance for info!

Dave

Reply to
David1960Ghia

don't have experience personally with the brake kit but have heard good things from a few people i know. you said you did not want to run drop spindles and as far as i know that would be the only drawback to them (you can't run drop spindles with the socal setup)

so they should work out good for you

Reply to
Russ