67 Gia front end VS 68 Type1 Question

Is the front suspension from a 67 Gia with disc brakes any wider then the front suspension on a 68 type1 bug? Thanks again...Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

This is a trick question, right? The axle beams are the same, although the spindles of course are different. AFAIK, the track width was kept the same for both cars.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I read somewhere , even here on this group that there are some differences in width....................outside the Beam.............Seems like a half inch or so per side was mentioned..................I'm searching already............LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Thank you! I heard the same thing,but can't remember where. I was hoping the Gia front was a little narrower cause the tires stick out a little now on the

  1. Larry Hill
Reply to
Larry Hill

BTW that means the Ghia front end with spindles is a bit wider than the Beetle.

Sorry to screw up the earlier post, I should have mentioned which way the width varied.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

A Follow up to my follow up.

I am actually guilty of having the ones off of a 71 KG on my 71 Std Beetle...............They track differntly and I never have aligned the front end either................So I dare say i couldn't tell you if they were wider or not,.................Just different.