How many Kombi's are on the road world wide? Anyone seen a study?

VW should have record of the number of their Kombi vehicles still registered in each country you'd think yeh?

I wonder how many Kombi's by year, model, and country there are? You'd use the official registration registries right?

I tried searching for such an hour or two to no avail.

I think the new engines coming off the production line at 15,000 per annum in Brasil are dual ethanol water cooled. These are true hippy cars being carbon neutral. But I don't like the raised roofs of the modern Kombi. It looks more like a utility. I was wonder how hard it would be to cut off an old roof and put it onto the new models? Am I dreaming?

muito apreciado, Midex

Reply to
911falseflag

In the US, probably none.

Reply to
Papa

I guess that depends on your definition of "Kombi", but Type2.com defines it thusly:

KOMBI - generally accepted to mean a mid-range trim model of a Volkswagen Transporter. That is, NOT a utility/commercial truck, and yet NOT a Deluxe model with all the bells and whistles of luxury and convenience. Usually, a Kombi has windows along the side, seats, and some side paneling. Kombis also had fibreboard overhead instead of a headliner.

Using that definition that are indeed thousands left on the road, though a more exact figure I could not guess.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith

I guessing these are figures VW would know? I wonder if I write to them whether they'd be forthcoming.

Reply to
911falseflag

27,451

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

I'm referring to the Type2 Combi.

I need primary sources. By country, by state, by model, by year.

I need the raw data. I need to know that its true and correct according to a given set of controls. I need it signed. And I need the provider to know I intend to rely on the information and that reasonably incorrect data will cause monetary damages.

Brazil are manufacturing an ethanol engine for the Kombi type 2. The market looks as though it is here to stay. There is a strong Union in Brazil, the president Lu La was formerly the head of the Metal Workers Union which in Brazil was mostly powered by the VW workers.

Reply to
911falseflag

Are you really that naive? Just who do you think is going to provide you with the "signed" information? And just how are you going to take action across international borders in regard to "reasonably incorrect data will cause monetary damages"?

Reply to
Papa

Good question. In Australian case law and legislation you can sue people if they provide information knowing that you will rely on it and tha information turn out to be incorrect and that that incorrectness was caused by negligence of the part who provided it.

I know how to find out how many Kombis are in Australia. I would write to the Road Traffic Authority and ask them for the vehicle registration stats. But I know there arn't enough Kombis in Australia to justify my business model.

Reply to
911falseflag

I think I meant "UNreasonably incorrect" information.

Reply to
911falseflag