How to swap 1965 body on a 1970 pan

Does anybody have any website or pointers on puting a 1965 Beetle body on a 1970 pan? Will there by any issues with wiring on the body since
the 1965 is 6v, to the best of my knowledge.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

'65 is indeed 6V. All the wiring is part of the body, not the pan. So, you wind up with the 6V headlights, tail lights, instruments, even the horn.
In the bargain, you get a steering column WITHOUT the safety collapsible feature:-(
If the '70 engine is 12V, then the body needs to be converted to 12V. There are NO wiring changes needed; just replacing lamps, etc.
See the 6V/12V article on my web site.
The body mounts the same except for the rear support brackets (inside the rear wheel wells). Those you may need to move.
A 1600 engine is a tight fit inside the '65 body but it can be done by removing the muffler. Don't try to drop the body on with the engine in place though.
Speedy Jim http://www.nls.net/mp/volks /

......I didn't know about this. Could you clarify? And is the same thing true for a '66?
Tim Rogers wrote:

'66 has a 1300 engine which uses the same size muffler as 1600.
The '65 had a 40HP 1200 engine with smaller muffler and head spacing. You can't install the 1600 engine into a '65 with muffler on. The engine will fit (barely) with muffler off; then bolt one on later.
So........you can drop a '66 body with a 1600 engine in place. :-)
Speedy Jim http://www.nls.net/mp/volks /

....Thanks Jim.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, you must cut , shorten the body mounts in the rear wheel wells. VW Trends had an article on how to do this, years ago. I'll look for it. Interested?
--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
And visit.. alt.impeach.bush