1967 Body on a 1970 IRS pan

I would like to put a 67 body I have onto a 70 irs pan. From what I understand, other than the DMV red tape, there is just one modification needed to the rear body mount. Is this true and does anyone know of a web site that shows the modifications to the rear mounts?

Reply to
Cal-Look

Many, many years ago I put a 68 body (which I think is the same as the 70) on a 67 pan. Other than gas station attendants trying to fill my trunk with gasoline, the only other issue was a large (1"+) gap at the rear mounts. In your case I'm sure that just the opposite will be true - meaning a clearance issue - a modification will be necessary.

Reply to
M.Paul

VW trends ,the now defunct magazine, ran an article years ago on this switch. Archives?

Reply to
Crusader george