How to wire the starter

I have a 72 bug and when I got it the wiring at the starter was diconnected. There are 3 wires...1 red that comes from the drivers side of the car 1 red and

1 red with white stripe(this one is alitttle bigger than the other 2) that come from the passenger side. Also when I put my test light to these wire I have power to any of them. I do have power to cable that runs from the battery,any ideas? There are 3 connecting pionts on the starter,1 is were the battery cable goes and this also has a push on spade connector and there ae 2 othe spade connectors on the starter. Thanks Bob
Reply to
Ink addict

You only need the big battery cable and the heavy Red wire (that goes to a push-on).

The other wires were for the diagnostics. See: "What is this plug in my engine bay?" on my web site.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Red large cable goes to the starter solenoid large post = Positive side of Battery Red goes to "S" terminal = Ignition (Key) Switch Black (sometimes smaller red wire) goes to other post = Positive side of Ignition Coil

Reply to
Billy Bad Assr©