Water In Beetle Wiper Motor

Hi All! Last Summer I replaced my '73 Beetle's wiper motor. the old wiper motor had water in it, but it still worked. What could have caused this and what can I do to prevent water from getting into the new wiper motor? Thanks! Sleepy Joe

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

Can be caused by rotted rubber seals where the wiper shaft bushing comes thru the cowl. Or just loose. I've also seen it where the wiper shafts were so worn that there was a lot of slop in the bushing.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Maybe the previous owner drove it into a lake.

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel