Hrmmf.

What is the worst part about a warm sixpack? It'll be empty before it gets cold..

Aircooled content? They are!

J.

Reply to
Berg

Kafertoys

Only if that room is less than 60 degrees F. Other more than that and the beer is too warm.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Can you help me ID my heads.. I got an AH engine, in longblock form. The PO got it newer heads since one was cracked. Curious, I set a micrometer roughly on the valves. Exhaust I came up with 32mm and stand firm.. Intake 37-40mm.. What!? I thought stock was 32 x 35.5??? This definately is not a 35.5... and I am positive the other is 32mm. What type of head is this. It looks nice, valves look new.. etc.. Looks just like any old standard head for a bug. Has anyone heard of a

32 x 37-40mm??? I can't quite get the micrometer on that valve, as the head surface gets in the way. Their is no way it is 35.5 though. The PO was a piece of work.. He never sealed nor torqued the head / cylinders on. I got oil in the head, and cylinders.. first thing I thought was bad rings.. It had good compression while turning. Looks like a nice seal in the cylinder.. I am willing to bet this guy put oil down the spark plug holes for storage. He had all different sizes of nuts / bolts holding the engine in the vehicle. Not the usual. Everything was loose, down to the oil drain plug. This moron had full oil in the longblock and it didn't even have the heads or cylinders torqed on. Heads have homemade from cardboard gaskets. Had the nerve to put some fancy 2 nut adjustable metal pushrod tubes on. He got the flywheel and plate on, and no clutch disc inside!! Geez, I just don't know what to expect next.

Please help me with the heads, was their a 32 x 37-40mm?

Reply to
Andrew

When I was in college, I went out with a girl whose father drank his beer at room tempeture. He drank a brand called Black Label. Not sure if they still produce that brand or not.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

I hear the English people drink warm because Lucas makes the refridgerators......

Reply to
Karl

Nevermind me, I was able to find an answer to my question. Upon further measurement, I was able to conclude that these are 32 x 39.. They were 040's, but GEX stamped them, marked out the "0", and changed to make it say 041. The PO had these on a stock 1600cc, and the cylinder was sloppy. Slapped a 90.5 for test, and fit perfect. The things you find!!! I can't use them for this application, but am fairly happy. They look like brand new. Guess I'll save them for a

1776. They look port and polished down > Can you help me ID my heads.. I got an AH engine, in longblock form.
Reply to
Andrew

Haha, after reading, I now find out these heads suck.

Reply to
Andrew

Ah yes, GEX's famous re-engineering.

Reply to
jj

Sure you can still get black label. I think it's produced in any horse pasture.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

When I lived upstate New York, vi used to drink Black Horse ale, brewed in the neighboring town to Fredonia which name I have forgotten (Dunkirk?). By Schmits or something, smallish local brewery..

J.

Reply to
Berg

Reply to
Eric

Remember "Off the table, Mabel, the quarter's for the beer"?

Reply to
jj