I hate stupid mechanics

Veeduber post about hot distributors just slapped me on the face today. Not working on an aircooled VW, but the same nevertheless.

Let me tell the story. My 1990 Citroen BX failed the safety inspection last week for no reverse lights. Easy fix, right? The lights come on if you wiggle the lever between R and N (autobox) so it must be just something simple...

No, it was not. The F tranny is missasseembled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometime in the last I dont know how many years somebody assembled the transmission with the selector one tooth off. So know I only have reversing lights halfway between R and N... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well. I paid very little for the car and it runs very well. Just a minor anoyance. I only hope the stupid guy only dissassembled the selector or the valve body, as I have spares for both, and not the tranny itself or I am due for a nasty future.

Thanks for listening to the rant.:)

Reply to
Eduardo K.