In Dash Brake Warning Light

I have a 70 Beetle. Is there a source for a new (or used) in dash brake warning light? The housing and red lens is actually OK.. I really just need the guts if it's available that way. It has connections for 3 wires. Thanks in advance for any replies......Jeff

Reply to
JeffRens

Get one at a junkyard. They were used in types 1,2,3,4. 68-71 are alike, but 72-on don't have buttons that push in.

-

Jim Adney

Almost alike, but not quite. '68-'71 are interchangeable, but '68 had a blank lens, while '69 and up have a logo printed on the lens (a B in a circle for american market, and I believe an exclamation point in a circle elsewhere).

'72 on, the button doesn't push in, but there's another terminal which connects to the generator light circuit, making the brake warning light light up any time the generator light does.

-Luns

Reply to
Luns Tee

Thanks, I'd forgotten that the lack of logos in 68 extended to these, also. An interesting bit of trivia.

I've never seen the non-US logos.

-

Jim Adney