King link/Ball joint beams

Hi guys, I'm looking at narrowing the front beam on my '62 and am wondering what's stopping me from putting a later model beam ('66, '67) in there? From what I've read the ball joint front ends can be narrowed more without extensive body mods. I'm sure there are a plethora of reasons, please help :o)

Cheers,

B.C. Bugger

the main reason you should not try it is, it will not bolt up.....if you want to cut the frame head off and weld in a balljoint framehead then it is a bolt in affair.....but like always that sounds pretty simple, but is not...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

I figured there was a reason not to do it, sounds like a PITA :o) Thanks Chris :o)

B.C. Bugger

you are very welcome....