LCB Memories

the good ol' days! :-)

Reply to
Shag

I'm thinkin you might want to camo that new truck of yours. Now that would bring back the memories for you.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Ah, the good ol' days! :-)

i'll second that motion!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I was driving the truck home today from work and it was raining. I was thinking it was the perfect time to take this side road I know about that has some red clay so that I could get the truck good and muddy. I came up to the spot where the side road was and someone had dumped a ton of stumps right in the one spot that was left to squeeze onto the side road. There was this huge tree that had been cut down that closed off 90% of the path already and the stumps sealed the rest of it off. The first thing I thought was "Not today..." and then I thought "If I was driving the Beetle then I'll bet I could charge that tree and just kinda hit it and bounce over it and just keep on goin'..." I must have some kinda fever. :-) But... I'll bet I could have done the "bounce and keep on going thing" if I was driving the Beetle. *loud buzzing sound inside of head... as if something is about to snap.....*

Reply to
Shag

Should have at least tried it today. You ain't going to get any sleep just thinking about that missed chance. Probably sit there with some JD repeating "I think I can, I think I can" over and over all night.

Reply to
rjmacres

Looks so similar to the trails I've been taking mine on...

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

I remember. Good memories for me too.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Nice. Now where did you put the LCB makes a new friend pics?

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

> Ah, the good ol' days!  :-)>

He did not..

See what he did? Made us expect grandiur follow up's, so what could a poor guy do? Trott off to the pub, err, make it two pubs with the dog toddling along. Now listening to Verdi in my undies, life is sweet! (I knew the mental image would be grand!) Mmm, might be a reason for being single? Either Verdi or Rammstein...

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Right here, buddy. :-)

Shag

Shag, Any way you could get the old LCB adventures site back up again?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Huh, never did see those. Cool first pic(

) J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

It'll happen eventually. I still have all of the content. I just need to have it hosted somewhere. I just emailed Sprint yesterday and asked them if they had any better wireless broadband solution for me at my current address yet. If I can get a decent connection out here (and I will... just not sure how fast that will happen) then I'll just crank the old server back up and it'll be online in no time. By the way, I'm flattered that you asked. :-) I always enjoyed putting together and maintaining that page. The only reason I quit doing it was that I moved out to the middle of nowhere and so far just have been unable to get a connection to the internet that's worth a crap. One of these days...

*looks through window at '64 Beetle sitting silently in front yard over on the side of the house which has been driven much recently because it's not as if though it's as exciting to drive the stock '64 as it was to drive the LCB around but by the way I might have enough $ stashed away for a decent baja kit (which I would NEVER buy from Small Time AKA mario) to get started on a new project but nobody asked anyway so why am I rambling on with the longest run-on sentence posted out here in a while?* Man, it rained a lot recently. I'll bet it's muddy back on those trails right behind my house. *sigh*
Reply to
Shag

Any pic's of the lifted 4*4 on the trails?

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Sweet. Thanks, though my baja looks a wee bit different these days. It's logged about 50,000 miles since that day. Not all of it nice miles.

BTW, I still have a certain blue sandrail in my garage thats doing me no good whatsoever, that might be fun where you live now...

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Pffft... 4x4's don't play on trails...especially not them schmancy lifted ones.

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Maybe not where you're from, plenty of them do around here. The ones that play on the trails I take my Baja on are usually running 35" or larger tires. I've gone out there with a guy running 37's on a 3 cylinder diesel powered Jeep.

The largest I've heard of out on these trails so far is 44's.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

You have brakes on the Baja finally? :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I don't even know what state you're living in right now. I have a trailer hitch on my schmancy Ranger. Hmmm... Planning on driving it to Florida (Pensacola area) in September to visit my grandmom. You in Florida now? HMMM... HMMM, I sez.

Reply to
Shag

I'm in florida still....

=3D^)