LHD to RHD conversion

Agreed. I shouldn't have said anything in your defense. The fact is you misspelled "intelligent" just like Gary said and that's pretty telling. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It is as it is.

Reply to
Shaggie

And Gary misspelled 'communication' in the same thread where he picked out my fault. So, I made a worse spelling mistake, but then you think that is "telling" when you don't know the circumstances under which I wrote the message. Maybe I was in rush to get out. Maybe I was on the phone. Maybe my baby girl was crying or perhaps someone was talking to me, all at the same time. However, Gary decided to pick out that error and did not bother to double check his own while he went about it. Now that could be telling, but I do not know the circumstances under which he replied. Too much taken for granted, as usual. We are all not the same, which does not mean that we are automatically lesser or better than each other. We don't even live in the same countries, but you think you know.

particularly

definitions

Reply to
Peter

He also misspelled "manner" but who's spell-checking? :-) I think we can all agree it's silly to argue over spelling? I originally got into this thread trying to give you an "out" for the spelling error you made that had already been made fun of. Maybe you and I both could do a better job of figuring out who is "out to get us" and who isn't? No hard feelings. Life will go on... at least it will until these pork rinds I keep eating get to me.

Reply to
Shaggie

but I figure I may have forgotten more than you

...well you are correct in taht I have never actually worked on a wrong hand drive beetle. I do know what most of the parts look like, as I have studied the conversion...as VW's are a primary hobby, and vocation for me....I tend to try and lear anything that may become useful I actually refrained from commenting on the initial post as I would have been basing all information on memory of diagrams studied, and not on hands on memories...in such cases I cannot 100% trust the information as 100% indispuatable fact....I would rather offer no technical adfvice than incorrect technical advice. Incorrect technical advice can lead a person to make very expensive miostakes.

No one has cared to comment rationally on my 'historical' statement

No, I did not feel the need to...however, since you seem to want a comment.. Historically many parts of the world have driven on the left and many on the right....to which histuory are you referring? This web site gives a pretty interesting overview on the subject.

However, there seems to be

...indeed there is. I appologize for provoking your intolerance. ;-) Stick around...you may learn about tolerance. Between Jan shaking his head at us silly americuns....and us silly americuns ribbing him and other furiners about their state sized countries we generally seem to have a good time. If you get offended by taking everything on a literal basis,,,,well...dunno what to tell you. My posting history is self evedent I try to balance my humourous attempts with technical information. When I know there is a regular who is better at explaining a topic, and/or more knowledgeable on said topic...I will refrain from replying technically for a time to give them a chance to field it (such as Speedy Jim with electrical items....while I can generally explain what needs to be checked...his explanations usually come complete with color references and terminal numbers....etc....)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:45:14 -0400, "Peter" ran around screaming and yelling:

im sure....that is why YOU are the one asking questions...you are an amateur and a newb...goodbye JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thank you, Shaggie & Gareth. I agree with both your last threads. I did apologise (of sorts) Gareth, for taking your initial comment without humour. I can't fully agree with the issue of tolerance, but then as I do not participate that often (due to time constraints) on this particular forum, I take your point without reservation. The Brian Lucas link is very interesting as I had more questions than answers, in that regard.

-Peter

Reply to
Peter

??? What questions? I guess that was one!

Reply to
Peter

On Fri, 21 May 2004 23:44:07 -0400, "Peter" ran around screaming and yelling:

sorry...had you confused with another poster...

and there is the reason you are an asshole...you are a dumbass that wants to be important...guess what?(kind of a question) you are not...especially about your LHD cars being more "ergonomically correct"...you do realize that in left and right hand drive type 1 sedans, the steering wheel and pedals are offset?(apparently from your earlier post you don't) JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You are simply abusive! You should also re-read what I wrote in my first two posts.

I did not say that LHD cars were ergonomically correct, just "better". Also, I referred specifically to the accelerator pedal, even though I subsequently said the RHD "pedals" were "off-set", I meant it in respect of the accelerator to the driver, which I think is clear from my post. We all know that the pedals on both types of car are off-set, but it is blindingly obvious that the pedals take on the same format, which is: accelerator to the right and clutch to the left. The steering wheel on a LHD car is about as central as you can get, but on a RHD car it is further off-set to the centre of the car and even more so on 73 and later Super Beetles. I cannot be sure about this on Splits and Ovals but, since they do not represent the majority on the road or candidates for conversion, I do not think that is important.

Now, what do you know that makes any of the above, or in my first two post, incorrect.

Reply to
Peter

On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:31:05 -0400, "Peter" ran around screaming and yelling:

other than your contradicting sentences in the same paraghraph i'd say you are doing well at writing...are you new to it? JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You choose not to answer my question, so I assume you can't. Instead you make yet another 'smart' remark, only I cannot see the contradiction to which you refer. Perhaps you would like to instruct me more clearly, or are you afraid to do so? If I have not explained suficiently what I have tried to describe, then I would be happy to eloborate where I can.

Reply to
Peter

On Sat, 22 May 2004 22:22:39 -0400, "Peter" ran around screaming and yelling:

afraid? thats laughable...afraid of what?...maybe i should say you "backpedaled" instead of contradicted...are you understanding yet or should i maybe say "you changed your story on the "offset" of steering and pedal angles"....is that more clear Peter? if not clean the lint out of your belly button so you can see more clearly... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Afraid of being shown-up! This is quite obvious as you wont let it go. If this were a contest on 'smart-assed' comments you would most likely win, since that is what you seem to do best. However, you are digging a hole for yourself on the particular issue of LHD/RHD because you quite clear do not know what you are talking about. I have not "backpedaled", as you say, I have not "changed" my story and never mentioned "angles". You are going to have to do better, but I doubt you will.

Reply to
Peter

On Sun, 23 May 2004 11:44:04 -0400, "Peter" ran around screaming and yelling:

afraid of being shown up? surely you jest...shown up by some punk on the internet...strange world you live in...you are funny, like a clown..

you haven't seen anything...

i guess that would make two of us...i know all i need to know about vw's....i have no problems doing anything that i need to do, been doing it for years...you are an amateur

you used "offset"(IE angle) you are a moron:

you have made bullshit statements, tried to start trouble with those that respond to you, called someone out on their intelligence while showing yours(you also backpedaled then), and have overall shown that you are an ignorant f*ck...you have called me "abusive" and i may be, but i call it like i see it, and you sir are a dumbfuck...have a nice day, i am done playing with the troll... BTW f*ck off JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ah, feel the love! :-)

Zip-a-dee doo dah, zip-a-dee-ay, My oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine, headin' my way, Zip-a-dee doo dah, zip-a-dee-ay! Mister Bluebird on my shoulder! It's the truth, it's actch'll Ev'rything is satisfactch'll! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

Reply to
Shaggie

..............Ahh...memories........Song of the South was pulled from the marketplace decades ago. Supposedly there was a problem with its insensitivity in regard to southerners.......both white and black.

........I wish I could see it again. Brer Rabbit used to make me laugh out loud back when I was in grade school.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I have a bootleg copy of it. Had it converted from that other funky VHS format they have over in England. Yes, I let my kids watch it and they enjoyed it as much as I did. It hasn't been pulled from "all" markets. ;-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Those weirdos.

Jan :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Just as I thought! You just can't do it! Once people like you run out of anything constructive to say, you just start slugging away. I wondered how long it would take you reach the bottom (maybe it's not), and it sure didn't take long.

It's OK if you know "all [you] need to know about vw's". So, why would you pretend to know more than you do? So, I know more about LHD/RHD than you, so what! It's not important. But just like I learn from others, others can also learn from me. I thought that was what these forums were all about - Free exchange of information. Since you have decided to cut-and-run from this thread, I will try to be as direct and sincere as I can.

No where in the dictionary (seen one lately?) does it mention "angle" in reference to 'offset'. However, you stupidly did not realise that I was only questioning your stumbling attempt to paraphrase me! However, since you brought it up, in the context of which I was speaking, offset would mean 'out of line', and that is nothing to do with 'angle'. Slap on the back of the head for missing that one!

You still can't understand what I have said, from the technical standpoint, about LHD/RHD. I have not fabricated any statement and if you used your head, just for a moment, you would realise that you now have something hanging in the wind. However, you do have one thing right, I did 'backpedal' with Gary. I over-reacted to his initial comment to me and this led to an unnecessary series of aggravated posts. None of us are perfect and sometimes we need to concede to our errors. I am not afraid to say I am sorry although, like most men, it comes out with resistance. I would not expect you to understand any of the last two sentences and neither does that bother me.

Ultimately, you have failed to come up with any sensible argument to affect anything I have said on the technical issues of LHD/RHD. Instead, in your defense, you have hailed a barrage of abuse at me to the point where, if you were to continue, you could only increase the quantity, not the quality. In the time that I have spent contributing to various VW forums I have never met such ignorant arrogance as that which you have portrayed on this thread. At least you seem proud of yourself, which suggests some form of ambition which should never be discouraged. If you are true to your word and will not contribute anymore to this thread, then I look forward to interacting with you again at some later date. I do hope, sincerely, that it will be a more friendly encounter and of some use to the rest of the forum. However, if you should choose to go down the same path as you have done this time, I will relish the opportunity to expose, again, your obvious lack of courtesy and basic understandings.

Reply to
Peter

On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:11:54 -0400, "Peter" ran around screaming and yelling:

you are a dumbass...i have stated that you are full of shit and you have proved it...period

i "cut and run" from no one especially some moron with a keyboard and

*almost* enough knowledge to be dangerous(IE you)

so the "abuse" comments from you are pure hypocrisy, thanks for clearing it up.

failed geometry i see...you would not be able to reach an "offset" pedal with your leg unless you had a compound fracture without an "angle" coming into play....you also refered to it as "off center" which would directly involve an angle...nice try to spin off and play on words, but it is a futile attempt to make yourself "right" when you are not...maybe YOU should check out a dictionary...

*I* understand the "technical" standpoint of the LH/RH drive beetles perfectly...you fail to admit to yourself that you are not the know it all you want to be...as i said before you are an amateur...

a real man has NO problem admitting he was wrong...as i did to YOU...you are a reading comprehension challenged dimwit...but i am not lazy i will do the work for you:

that comes from my reply to you located here since you apparently did not get it the first time:

now if you read carefully and maybe compare letters to your posts you will see that i did refer to the pedals and steering wheels of BOTH rh and lh type 1 sedans as being "offset"....as they are...they are offcenter meaning you must reach them by angling your legs or arms...see how all this ties together, or do i need to bring it down a bit?

there is no "argument" you implied that the steering and pedals in a lh drive beetle are not offset, but they are in a rh drive beetle...you are wrong...see no argument...

you haven't seen abuse yet....you are overly sensitive...you really need to grow some skin...if you can not handle being told you are wrong then you are not the type of person that should be posting on a public forum...maybe you should run along now, but be careful we don't want you to trip over your skirt...

guess you don't read what you write....you have presented nothing but bullshit claims followed by a huge amount of whining and crying when you are called on your bullshit....grow up, take it like a man...

i do have a purpose here, one i believe strongly in...that is calling bullshit when i see it....and every time you post i see it...

i am always true to my word...i am done playing with the troll...i will continue to correct you when you spin words and kick and scream, so get used to it...you will get what you deserve, if you deserve a "friendly encounter" you will get it....you have shown nothing but disrespect, ignorance, thinskin, and major hypocrisy in this thread...and i find it laughable that someone of your level would want to open themselves up again by *trying* to "expose, again(wouldn't you have to do that the *FIRST* time before you could do it again?), your obvious lack of courtesy and basic understandings"...i have a very good understanding of our little "hobby" cars....i have been around them for along time...i have a firm grasp on courtesy as well, i don't need lessons from a bullshit artist that cries when called on their bullshit then backpedals....are you by chance a politician?

now post another crying post and try to spin off into another direction to make yourself feel better....

JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani