New Style Mex Thermo Kit Doubts!

If the ?New Style Mexican/Brazilian thermostat fails, it looks like it would fail in the closed position. This is because it has a spring on it that closes it once it has cooled down.

I would not rely on the shutter rod spring to keep the shutter flaps open. If I used one, I would replace it every three years and have an oil temp gauge installed to help warn me of over heating. I bought one of these and installed it. I wasn't happy with it so, I bought two new German thermostats for

59.99$U.S. each. I re installed the German thermostat that I was using, which works fine, and I am keeping the two new German thermostats for spares. Then as a last resort, I have the new style Mex/Brazilian thermostat kit.

Let's see, ehh

29.99 For the Mex thermo kit at Cip1.com 119.99 for the two new German thermostats at

--------

  • shipping and handling

------ Ouch!

Reply to