New To Group with 79 Vert Super

Hi all,

I have been lurking off and on for a while and decided it is time to get fully engaged. I bought my wife a triple white 79 vert and it is pretty good shape but I want to get it in great shape.

1st, it has a problem with starting. It seems like the battery is always down and it needs to be jumped. Sometimes it may start several times in a row over a day maybe 2 but then has to be jumped again, sometimes you can shut it down and it won't turn over right then! . The key for the ignition and doors are different so I know the ignition switch has been changed could it be bad again? I have had the battery checked and it checked OK. I have been told by some that there may be a problem with dirty/corroded connections in the starting circuit. So where do I start? A new ignition switch? If so how do I get the door locks and ignition to be keyed alike?

2nd, I want to put in carpet to start the interior rebuild (Outside is great as it is) What carpet kits do you recommend? I was looking at the Sew Fine stuff and like the kick panel and baggage shelf that have provisions for speakers built in them so how is their stuff?

3rd, Thanks for your help!

Dan In Central Oklahoma

Reply to
Danny

changed could

Reply to
Kafertoys

changed could

Dan what you need is either to install a new wire harness or just a $12 hard start relay. Your starting problem is a comman one and is easily fixed with whats called a hard start realy kit, it takes about 30 min to install.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

How many miles aer on the car and has it been restored? David

Reply to
D&LBusch