New Wiring Works harness install help needed

I am putting this in a 74 standard. I have the alternator with internal regulator, and had the harness made for that option. The instructions that come with it are of some use, but are not clear in one area in particular. Under the back seat............it seems that i need to make a 3 way connection...two large red wires (one with an eye and the other with a large spade, and the wire off the battery). Blue and green connect together, and that is more or less it. Any good ideas how to make a clean 3 way connection here?

Reply to
vgonman

If the harness maker didn't supply it with the large spades for your existing plastic splice block, I would use a "bug". (Appropriately named.)

This page of my web site:

Click on "Types of splices" You can find suitable ones at BigBox stores. Insulate it carefully.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks again Speedy Jim. Great suggestion. I have another question regarding a different 74 ( my daily driver) it was converted along time a go from alternator with seperate regulator to alternator with an internal regulator. Under the back seat the 3 large red wires are hooked up properly, BUT the green brown and blue are in a 3 way plug in ( i guess for the regulator that used to be in service) and the blue and green are NOT connected together........I do get an idiot light on the dash somehow with this setup.

IYO, should i reconfigure this and connect the blue/green and tape off the brown?

Speedy Jim wrote:

Reply to
vgonman

Well, they did *something* to the Blu wire to make the light work. See where the D+ terminal on the alternator goes.

shows the MOT regulator plug wiring (one version).The thin Red wire connects to Blu. Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim