news from The Samba .... looks like Trends is gone

Reply to
Shane

Ben Boyle

Maybe no one else wanted to do a column? At least she turns in something to print every month. I remember a time when the "Transporter Talk" column at Hot VWs went missing from time to time (not likely to happen again with Bill Bowman there). I think that the whole mag (VWT) has had issues for a long time. The quality of vehicles has improved recently but at least to me, they were well below HotVws in quality and content. Andy

Reply to
Busman

Did I read it right? $82 a year?

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Another vote for Volksworld..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I could send you the latest issue.... :)

Jan

Ben Boyle wrote:

away for one and see what you think. The

cheaper to subscrube through EWA than

Reply to
Jan Andersson

.............Candy?............It's too bad that you don't like to drink Chris. In this time of deprivation, alcohol can make you forget what it is that you're not getting.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

hehe...not for me...alcohol puts lead in the pencil....at least to a certain point...hehe

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Sorry to get back on subject but this just in...LOL

From: "Kathy Jacobs" Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 4:39 PM Subject: Event listing

Hello I am comprising information of upcoming 2005 VW Events for the new magazine call "The German Addiction" which will premier this next March.

Mario Vintage Werks restorations

Reply to
Kafertoys

UltraVw, a UK mag. Quite good infact..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Reply to
ilambert

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

You mean the chick that has the single cab but doesn't know how to work on it? Seems like she was always taking it to some shop to get something done.

Reply to
GaryH

I second that. I found that at a news stand once and it was quite nice.

Reply to
GaryH

I *used* to buy magazines to learn cool stuff every month. I used to get mags like Radio Electronics that had schematics of things like sirens, tesla coils, stereo amplifiers and other useful stuff. Used to get 80 Micro because it had source code for cool programs and schematics for computer add-ons that I could build and hook to my computer. VW Trends could have been cool since it had those tech articles. Unfortunately, the tech articles sucked so bad that they were a waste of time for me. The write ups were almost non existent: (Example: "See John hook wire to choke") and then it would have some lame black and white picture of something. Usually it was impossible to really see what was going on in the photos due to poor contrast or whatever. Oh well.

Reply to
GaryH