Norwalk-VW Classic: WHo went and how was it?

I thought it'd be rained out. They forecasted rain until 3 PM... Thanks to Fred, I find out they had the show. How was it? How many cars, vendors, swapper?

Reply to
Mel P.

We heard 65 or so cars total, and a drizzly and gray day (we also did not make it due to the crummy weather). Don't know about swappers. Someone discovered this video, that apparently is from the Long Island VW Club, which shows some overviews of the car show area:

Steve

-----

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear

Reply to
george taylor

.................Vintage only means that more than half of the ACVW community won't ever go to Norwalk no matter how good or bad the weather might be. Because the weather was bad this time, they'll probably need another year to figure it out.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I love the Norwalk show and would go either way with water cooled or without. The venue is fantastic, food is ok and the people very friendly. There are a lot of people that would not go to any show if there was even a small threat of bad weather. See you there next year. Fred67bug

Reply to
Vw67lives

.............Maybe I've misunderstood what 'vintage' means. Does Norwalk allow all ACVWs to participate in the show? Customs & bajas for example?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yes, I saw custom cars and baja bugs, as long as they were air cooled. i don't think the organizers are trying to be snobbish,but just limiting the show to air cooled VWs makes the show easier to manage. The last show with air and water cooled had over 300 cars.They are all volunteer at the show and it's a lot of work to organize,judge and generally manage. Go next year if you can. Fred67bug

Reply to
Vw67lives

Hey everyone, long time no post...

The Norwalk show started off a very wet one but got better later in the day. We were disappointed at the turnout 64 show cars and 22 vendors. Next year we ordered better weather ;) and will advertise the show better.

The

site has photos of the soles who braved the weather.

This show turned into a aircooled only show a few years back when we filled the field and had to turn back show cars well before noon. The Waserworks club does a show in CT the same day for the watercoolers. It is unfortunate we need to split the shows, it is just a nice place to hold a show.

The CVA does appreciate the hard work that John Kelly and the gang did to pull off this years show. Next year the CVA will aga>>Does Norwalk

Reply to
Phil Lawlor

W/regard to cut-off year for this year's Norwalk, we were told 25 years or older, by the show organizer--see:

And similar info appears at:
Steve from Common Gear

-----

Steve from Common Gear Common Gear Antique Volkswagen Society

Creek, CT

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear

From the CommonGear website, here are the directions: " From Interstate 95 North or South

Take exit 15 and follow the signs for route 7 north. This will put you on the "connector". Take to end and make a right. Go a few hundred yards and take a left onto Route 7 North. Go about .9 miles and make a right onto Kennsett. Go to the top of the hill and follow signs. "

I grew up in Wilton and New Canaan, but never went to a show there (I'm an old fart these days). If I'm not mistaken, at the corner of Kennsett and Rt.7 is there a "Friendlies" restaurant still there?

Please say yes.. I'm an old fart these days and don't want to feel I can't recall the town I grew up in.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I think you got it, David.

You can take the kid out of the neighborhood...

Steve from Common Gear

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear

Reply to