O.T. Ramva education??

Hi all,

i learn a lot by reading this NG, not only when i post a message but also just reading others.

However when one person has a question, sometimes the reply is from the same person saying; thank you. To whom?? Are my setting on my PC not right or is the one giving the answer sending it directly to the first person's E-mail adress? This makes it sometimes very hard to understand the solution of that burning question somebody asks. (and maybe i a few days/months later) I hope this makes some sense.... to anybody who can enlighten(?) me!!!

TIA Roger

Reply to
Bug59

Maybe your server is not receiving messages from all posters. Nettiquette demands us to include a quoted selection of the relevant stuff of the previous message(s). If we all do that, things could be better.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

To Figure out if there's an answer you are looking for, do some google search time, on the RAMVA group and see if you are getting all the messages on your news server.

Likelihood is you are not.

You can definitely find the answers given , on the GOOGLE site though.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Hi Roger - You're using Outlook Express 6. I'm using an earlier version, but... Sometimes we tend to assume things, so please don't take this as condescending - Do some of your messages have a + sign next to them? If so, either click on the + sign and replies will appear or go into your Tools pull-down menu and select "options", then the "read" tab, then select "automatically expand grouped messages", select "apply" at the bottom of the window and you're done.

Of course there are a couple other issues if you're way past me on that one - the retention time of your server, the amount of space they alot to which newsgroups and whether they actually are networked in to all the possible sources. If they only allow "X" many messages in this group at any time, you won't see any more than that. If they control it by a very short retention time, you may need to check for new messages more frequently. You can always subscribe to another newsserver besides the one your ISP provides.

message but also

reply is from the same

answer sending it

solution of that burning

later)

enlighten(?) me!!!

Reply to
Busahaulic

Hmmm, i indeed have a + in front of the message and do know what it is for. But for the rest...............????????????? I guess i'l have to ask a friend of mine to look in to it, i know Jack about computers. He will know if the problem is at the server or my computer.... I hoped it was easy to explain to me here, it might be, but probably not for me

Thanks Roger

"Busahaulic" schreef in bericht news:z0c1c.134990$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Reply to
Bug59

HAHA, this is fun!!! i accidentally found the google page, thanks to John Willis' reply to JC's post: "Newbie would like some advice" Searched there for that particular post from Ant, the one i could only read HIS post and replies, and Found it!!!!! The date was changed for a day and it supposed to come from Jan, but i guess this is because Jan had the latest reply...?! Ít's getting better and better.....:-)

WWHUUOOAAA i love the internet

Roger

"Bug59" schreef in bericht news:c254c1$6i1$ snipped-for-privacy@reader10.wxs.nl...

Reply to
Bug59

I blame the time zones :)

I see "tomorrow" about 7 hours before the east coast of US does. Therefore, you may well see an original message written in the US, dated March 1st, then my reply March 2nd, and then a another american reply to my message again March 1st....

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

know what it is for.

replies to that message. Sheesh! If I could think of a simpler way to say it, I would, but I can't so I won't!

Reply to
Busahaulic

:) I think "proper" netiquette also demands we post our replies beneath the quoted message - although I don't care for that the original is lengthy.

Reply to
mez

You don't have to simplify it at all, Like i wrote it previously: I DO KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR!! That means that i know that when i click the + it changes into - and someone 'underneath' the original post has answerd the question What i meant with; for the rest........??????????? refers to the part when you are talking about tools and ISP, THAT'S ALL

Thank you Roger

"Busahaulic" schreef in bericht news:Q8w1c.70053$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Reply to
Bug59

All it boils down to is a simple setting in your e-mail/Usenet client, to include original text in "Reply to"'s When people fail to activate this you get some weird looking posts, a couple of the regulars here falls into this category..

J.

J.

Reply to
BergRace