Oil Leak?

I have a 1600 DP in my 79 vert. I did a valve job, cluth, main seal etc. about three years ago. It still drips a bit of oil. I can't figure it out. Every VW I've had in the past drips a bit. How common is it and how easy is it to find the source? Thanks in advance. David

Reply to
D&LBusch

VW's don't drip oil, they just mark their spot. British cars do likewise.

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr

Preach on brother charles! That's my favorite analogy for VW's. For the Brits i like "why do the british drink their beer warm and eat their food cold? Lucas electrics!

Reply to
westfaliaguy

I have this year a vw engine with no leaks (even the valve covers). I fixed one leak at a time and for now anyway, no leaks. For me this is a first as this engine even leaked from the plugged hole to the right of the oil pump when I started.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I once had a leak from the "front" on the engine , turned out the block was cracked near the third cyclinder.

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

My brother used to own a 66 MG Midget. I know why the British have warm beer. Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

My dad's got a 71 MGB GT and used to own a 64 midget, a bugeye sprite and a Jaguar 420 G. Grew up around the brits but have always owned VWs.... lol

Reply to
westfaliaguy

Your VW is out of oil! :-P

--Mike