oil leak

Hello all, a little problem that I am going to be seeing my mechanic about this weekend but wondered if anybody had any ideas. I took my '74 Super for a drive today and when I got back the engine bay had some oil in it. The oil seems to be situated mostly on the left side as you are looking at it.

The car, Mexican 1600 stock air cleaner and carb, sand seal pulley (the pulley itself is bone dry). I didn't appear to actually lose much oil because the dipstick was just a smidgen below full and BTW I checked the oil immediately after shutting it off and handling the dipstick was not hot at all.

That is basically the extent of my diagnostics, but I know I didn't lose a significant amount of oil, I didn't get hot so it's not like I burned a piston or something. I'm not risking anything bad happening so my mechanic is going to stop by this weekend but I'm open to any thoughts.

***
Reply to
Ben Boyle

Sounds like it may be the cooler leaking. If you don't drive it very much the seals can dry up and being on the left side under the blower housing is where the cooler sets and the blower can blow any oil around real fast and make it look like a bigger leak then it is.

Reply to
Packrat46