One piece window question

Hello fellow dubbers ... most of the beetle one piece window kits I've seen advertised mention they require a "late model window regulator" ... would I be correct to assume that would be '68 and up? TIA for the help.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

not exactly "late" model, but more precisely a regulator mechanism from

1966 through 68 models. The later ones are too wobbly, as they only have one guide rail for the elevator part. The 66-68 models had two, which reduced wobbling. I hope I got the years right.

They are interchangeable, as far as I know.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson
68 and up will work, but the ideal ones are 65-67 in the US, for the reasons Jan said. You can also use the regulators out of an Audi 5000, read the product description on our site

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Thanks to you both for your quick and detailed responses!

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer