1996 Disco (US version) window question

Hi all, thanks again for all the previous help.

Had the passenger rear window (right side for US) drop today. Disassembled the door and found that the washer (that goes in the window track and attaches to the regulator arm) split in two. Consequently, the regulator arm was no longer supporting the window. Fortunately, nothing else appears broken or damaged. So, the question for the group is (and I think the answer will be I have to order a whole bunch of stuff I don't need) does Land Rover sell just that washer piece and if so what am I looking for? If they do not sell the washer itself, I will probably fabricate something so if anyone has any suggestions on what sort of material would be best for this application, I would appreciate it. The current piece appears to be plastic with a whole bunch of reddish grease to reduce friction. I'm thinking possibly some sort of nylon bushing.

Thoughts?

C R

Reply to
C R

Your right about not being able to just get the roller/washer - is a new regulator I'm affraid. I seem to remember someone having a go at making a new one a while back on this group - perhaps a quick Google?

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

We tend to use "Nylatron" for such things - its a low friction, graphite loaded nylon used for rollers like this.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor