Re-chroming question

Does anyone have a REASONALBE re-choming guy they can recommend? I took my vert latches, vert grab handles, and rearview mirror to the local chroming place around here and they guy called me today and told me the pirce was $687 !! Does that sound reasonable??? they're already in decent shape.

Thanks for any info and phone #

Mark

Reply to
Mark/Anne Gorman

Look in the yellow pages for local places, get a bunch of prices... If the parts are pitted more work is req'd. But $687 sounds crazy. I had a place in NJ quote me $300 to re-chrome a KG bumper.

Reply to
Mel P.

Not sure where you are Mark but I have had Chrome-Rite in Fayettville NC do work for me. they have a life time garentee on their work and so far the bumpers and other stuff I had chromed was the best I have seen, and I've been in to restoration work a long time.

Talk to Lisa #888-323-2295

Reply to
Kafertoys

Mark,

I forgot to mention that it's possible that platers that specifically 'advertise' that they re-chrome car parts may be higher priced. Try to go to places that do industrial/commercial plating. They might be able to do it as a fill-in job and save you money.

just a thought...

Reply to
Mel P.

Tripple plated is what you are looking for, for a true lasting finnish, but still... I would like some of what he was on...... :o}

J.

Reply to
BergRace