Open apology to Bob Hoover

...either that or they are REALLY bad at converting standard measurements to metric. ;-))

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

exactly :)

Couldn't have done it better myself :P

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

hehehehehe

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Either that or they think - is an inch.

Randy

RSMEINER

Max Welton wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.de:

Grendel is the monster of the Old English epic Beowulf, and John Gardner wrote a brilliant novel telling the tale from the point of view of Grendel's mother.

Somehow, I think that has nothing to do with this thread. I learn from my friend Google that Grendel was a bus that Bob Hoover rescued, and that his Grendel files were well received.

Can someone point me towards them? Thanx!

Reply to
cloud8

I bet someone in one of those cities is reading my VW Trends right now. VW Trends has now tried to send my subscription to me=20 for 5 months and I have not received any. (Yes, I have contacted them for couple of times and we have cheked and re-checked=20 the address...)

Enjoy my magazine in there. ;)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

OK, I see some confusion about this.

Bob and I exchanged some emails years and years ago.

He: :Any good busses for sale up there in WA?

Me: Hmm, what you looking for?

He: Oh, a bus of some kind.

Me: Oh yeah, I know this GREAT '67 westy for sale, only $600 (I think that was the price.)

The actual condition of the bus? ohmygod rusty. "Mechanically insolvent" I think would be the best phrase to use, if that is a phrase. I don't think there was anything remotely salvageable on this bus. At this stage of my life, I think that calling it a "parts bus" would be erring on the side of being too generous.

In my defense, a "good" bus here in WA (or anywhere up north) differs a great deal from a "good" bus in California/New Mexico/Arizona. Ok, that's pretty weak, but I was so clueless at the time, and he handled it with grace and dignity.

Reply to
ekoman

I've got one of those busses ! I swear the sliding & front door 'dip' together at the top. Black tape holds the rear valance in one piece, and each gear feels like its in the same place, there's so much play...

James

James

Reply to
Juper Wort