Order parts from ??

I'm starting to work on my old 67. It's been awhile since I've had time to do anything with it. So, I need some parts.

Nothing major, just some basic stuff like carb rebuild kit, chrome lug bolts & center caps for Empi 5 spokes, new exhaust, etc...

Went to a few local places trying to find the carb kit and they either just stared at me like I was nuts or laughed and said good luck.

Who orders parts from where ? And do they have a website ?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

That's John C's place. The good thing about John is that if you write (see the contact page), he will read it and not let you go wrong with your order. John is brief, to the point, not a chatty guy, and always right. Super reliable.

you will find they have good parts at a very good price.

also

Shop around you will find most parts venders sell the same parts but the prices varies.

Mario Vintage Werks Resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

not the cheapest, but the best as in correct parts being sent and quality, the latter is important, and varies allot with other vendors! Even if things might seem the same. Mr.Connolly is a stand up guy that will do his best to serve you right, unlike most others.....

And I am on the other side of the globe, where most vendors like to unload their s**te, cause they know you cant do diddley squat about it..

J.

Reply to
Berg

.......Well said Joern.

...I haven't bought any acvw parts for my bug from anyone else since John first went into business several years ago. I don't know where I'd go if Aircooled.Net wasn't available.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Another "me too" post on aircooled.net. John C makes sure that you get the right part and stands behind what he sells. I always check him first.

I also like

- they have a good selection of body panels and seem to be the thickest.

has good stuff as well.

Recently tried www2.cip1.com - just bought some piddly (grommets, hardware, etc) stuff but it was all in good order and shipping was really fast.

JCWhitney is total junk.

Reply to
Remco

In that case - be sure to explain carfully what you want - maybe draw a picture ;-)

Rich

Reply to
tricky

:) Darn you English with your dry wit!!

Reply to
Remco

Rich, get your coat !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Sorry ... couldn't resist !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Hi James - how you doin ? dont see you posting much. you on VZI or VT ??

Rich

Reply to
tricky

:D I would have taken that same shot on open goal.

Reply to
Remco

Most postings are over on justkampers, as been mostly doing Bus stuff over the last 6 months or so. Occasional visit to VZi where I manage to get Speedy Jim to answer a axel bearing issue !

Off to vanfest this weekend. you going ?

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

I never think to go on justkampers !

Not going to Vanfest - just come back from a week in woolacombe where I managed to spend out ! Loads of nice vans there , all with surf boards on top - almost like they are nothing special ! but us V-dub nuts know different . There was us in the American Econoline Day Van (more room for the kids). I did wish I went in my bay so I could join in !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Wow, something that uses more fuel than the bus. Nearly bought a dodge ram the other year, but it wouldn't fit anywhere.

For all you lot over there, this place is small, so are the streets. Up until a couple of years ago, day vans were huge. Now all the Jap pickups are everywhere clogging up the streets.

having spend 6 months getting bus roadworthy, its being used as much as poss.

Its just had two arches and steps, loads of outriggers & jacking points, drivers side sills, all three, plus some floor. I have a pile of rust & filler & concrete & goodness knows what else in my back yard . Backend will wait until next year, in the meantime, two coats of rustoleum has it a bit more acceptable.

see here:

Dont say nice bus, as it isnt ! Maybe one day though :)

James

Reply to
Juper Wort