Original Colors

Is there a way to find out the original interior and exterior colors from the serial number?

Reply to
Cal-Look

No. Not unless you made formal inquiry with the factory to get the "birth certificate". The S/N itself doesn't yield any useful data.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Do you have any idea witch color the body was painted originally (there should be at least one hidden sqare inch of original color on your car, inside the doors or under the carpet)? If so, you can find the color codes and the possible combinations of interiors / exterior paintings here:

It=B4s in German, but the codes were used worldwide.

If you don=B4t have any clue: sorry, you=B4ll need the certificate...

Greetings from Germany

Karim

54 Bug 60 Bug 60 Panel 63 Bus
Reply to
brezelfenster

I'm sure you can find the original color some where, and this chart will give you all the info. your looking for.

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I have a plate that is welded inside the front boot which says the original color of my car. I'm assuming from the question you don't have that?

Reply to
Michelle