OT $3.2 million dollar car

Check out this expensive item at the Barrett Jackson Auction.

Bill Berckman

The world is full of idiots, arshlocks and moronic gits...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

needs a set of Cragers..

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I read a book about the life of Harley Earl who designed that car. He was in charge of styling at General Motors from 1927 until 1959. He had a thing about incorporating the aircraft theme into his large chromed cars. The big finned 1959 Cadallac being his last creation. That guy may have been a styling genius, but had an ego as large as the state of Texas. In the lobby of the GM corporate building it had a plaque that read "Our father that art in styling, Harley be thy name" He was treated like a god at GM. Like all mortals, he died in 1969. It said in the book that he would be in a meeting and ask anyone not liking his ideas to stand up, so he can look at the son of a $#$%@ that disagreed with him. He has 5 or 6 suits in a wardrobe in his office in case he sweated or got one wrinkled, so he would look impeccable at all times.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

That car was on this years or maybe last years Barret Jackson Classic Auto Auction show on TV, SPEED channel. I saw the actual auction. One of Boyd Coddington's cars went for about 500k, and he had only sold it for about

120k originally.

Funkie

I don't remember the part where all mortals died........but if you say so....

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®

H.E may he rest in piece. With that being said I do not regard him as any great designer. His philosophy was to add Chrome & Fins to everything.

Reply to
gevans

"Bill Berckman" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

I've been scrolling through the auction results... Ever saw a thing sold for more than $38.000,- ???

Must be something special for that amount of money.... duh

Reply to
bug '59

Does it come with hot and cold running VW Trends girls for that price? Yikes.

Reply to
n5hsr

On 1 Oct 2005 16:11:41 -0700, "Bill Berckman" scribbled this interesting note:

Nice car. That might even be a good price for a one of a kind like that!:~)

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

The guy that bought it is starting up a car museum. He has a very large private collection. Thats why he wanted this one a kind car.

Reply to
Funkie

I watched that as it was being bid on. Very rare. Nice looking too. Corvette lines are clearly there.

Reply to
Ken S.

I must be immortal, I didn't die in 1969 :-)

Reply to
Ken S.

So all mortals died in 1969? I'm going to live forever. I think I'll cancel all my doctor's appointments. . . .

(No way. That's all that's currently keeping me alive.)

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr