Mustang?

Hi, i'm thinking to put a mustang engine or the RX7 engine into my 90 miata. any comment?

how much does it cost with the installation and everything?

Reply to
Socket Baby

When Monster Miata was still in business, I think they were charging about $20,000 (not including the Miata) for the basic Ford installation.

Check the engine conversion forum at miataforum.com for current information. Lots of people have done the Ford, and a handful have done the rotary. The Ford is apparently much easier, and certainly more proven.

It's a lot more complicated than just squeezing the engine under the hood--pretty much the entire driveline gets replaced to handle the torque, and there are usually inspection/emissions issues to be resolved if the car will be licensed for the street.

If you have the money, there are kits that a competent, creative mechanic can install in your car. But it's a lot cheaper to get a high-end turbo kit.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

One sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction last month for $16,740.

5600

Reply to
Scott Streeter

There should be a law.