OT: A sad day for F1.

I am so embarresed I have no words...

Total humiliatian!

It's a sad day for European based motorsports, this should not have happened, the last place on earth for something like this to happen should been the U.S. where the following of F1 is miniscule already...

A very sad and disapointed P.J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Sorry, missed it. Was watching the NASCAR race. :-) What happened?

Reply to
Shag

.............I was amazed as well. Michelin should be permanently banned from Formula 1.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Tim Rogers

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Seems to me they banned themselves. Who's gonna want to use them anymore?

Anywho, Formula V is alive and well. I may get into it next year!

Reply to
johnboy

They held a race and no one came, sort of. Fears over bad tires or some such.

WHERE WAS HERBIE?!?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

You wouldn't understand - someone made a right turn - kinda put 'em out of the redneck's universe.

(got humor?)

Reply to
johnboy

or they could get some drivers that ain't skeered...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I knew this one was coming... Trust me, it was not a drivers decision!

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

NOT FOR ME... I'm from Portugal

Tiago Monteiro did very well

Joao

Joao Eliseu

hehe...i know.....a race driver would try to win the race on the rims if he had to.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I can't believe what Bernie Eccles had to say when asked about Danica Patrick

I used to like NASCAR, but lately....

F1 - well.... too bad.

Now Moto GP.... that is racing.

Or just go to your local track, whether it be SCCA, 1/2mile dirt or drag strip. That is where the fun is. And there is some great racing.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

I thought it was funny and heart felt. Doesn't mean I like the way he thinks, but I gotta give him kudos for having a solid opinion however poorly stated and arrived upon.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®

"heart felt"?

I'm sorry the guy is a moron. Aristocracy at its finest. Wars were fought over this mentality.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:36:27 -0600, "Bryan" scribbled this interesting note:

I think you and Scott agree. Reread what he said. "Heartfelt", to my mind means the fellow truly believed what he said (I don't have a clue what he said, but I know what Scott and you both wrote. Of course I have an advantage, having known Scott for most of our lives. He agrees with your assessment. Read what he wrote, not what you think he wrote!:~)

John Willis

I tuck tail between my legs.... But I am sure many evil people are "heart felt"... Just a buzz phrase that sets me off.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

What John Said. I was actually amused at what the guy said. I don;t agree with is mentality. But I applaud him for the Nads it took to say that publicly. I suspect he knew what he was saying, and that he knew he was gonna piss people off. Still think he's a moron, but he's got balls of lead wrapped in barbed wire.........LOL

I never thought of heart felt as a buzz word, but I can understand how that could be considered one. I truely meant it as a humorous face value statement. Nothing more. ( we do agree on this I assure you)

Sorry to offend.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Wait, cows don't fly, hell ain't froze over? "Sorry to offend"

Is this still USENET?

Sorry to miss your meaning...

But you must admit it takes big balls to say something like that. Reminds me of that baseball pitcher, shit I can't remember his name....

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

OUCH.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

A man in his position should have swallowed his own opinions and congratulated and praised Danica like there was no tomorrow. He is forever in a role where he is marketing his own sport, whether he wants it or not. His statements are no longer private, they ALWAYS represent his organization and the sport. VERY bad move, very bad press for Formula 1. Forget about ever getting fans in the US, be lucky if they ever let you have a formula 1 race there at all. That was downright dumb. he had a golden opportunity to "sell" his precious F1. Instead he spit on the face of all american sport car fans and race organizers. Way to go. It's not about Danica being a woman, it could have been a man. You just don't go to another country and insult their #1 favorite motorsport in any way, especially if you are trying to squeeze in your own to compete for the attention and fans. Dumb dumb dumb.

Jan

Reply to
Jan