OT Another good day to live

Stay alive dude - its better for you !

Glad you are ok

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Shag

guessed it might be .

In the UK ours is just called 'advanced riding course'

I am thinking of taking it, especially as my 11yr old daughter is bugging me to get on the back !

Rich

Shag wrote:

Reply to
tricky

I've been riding my kids around on the back of my bikes since they were about 6 years old. Not for long trips or anything like that, but they've been "in the wind" for a while now. I still remember riding in the back of my dad's pickup trucks when I was a kid and riding on the back of my uncle's street bike when I was about 5 or so when he took it offroading. Memories... :-)

Reply to
Shag

Leave it in gear? That's contrary to what I puzzled out over the years. I don't like using the clutch that way and I don't trust a cable operated clutch all the way. SOMEDAY - that cable will fail. My luck - it'll catapault me into oncoming traffic. Besides, I lked taking my hands off the bars.

Escape Route - ALWAYS.

I guess smartest standard action plan is to keep an eye on the mirrors

  1. Leave it out of gear until you see an approaching vehicle behind you.
  2. Snick it gear until you have a buffer vehicle stopped behoind you,
  3. pop it out of gear until traffic allows

Mark ( I need a bike again) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

I saw a lot of scary stupid drivers there. Circling the Arc d/Triomphe was a rare treat in automotive buffoonery.

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Thats France, not a part of Europe! :o)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

just as in your car, if you are holding the brake and the cable fails, unless you are holding the throttle a good way open you will just stall the engine....

this is similar to what i do...but i tend to leave it *in* gear unless it is a long light....just never know....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

ha ha. Good one.

Reply to
Juper Wort

More praise for a modulator. 2 of my bikes have them, and you can definitely tell a difference between those so equipped and those without.

Reply to
Tweak