OT - Back to The Dragon tomorrow

LET'S ROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Shag

Just don't hit any deer while riding. We have lots of fast curvey roads in our area but so many deer it's just dangerous to ride them.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Enjoy! Make shure your partner in crime is not in your brake zone.. d:-P

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Lemme get this straight... you live in NC... the tail of the dragon is in NC(yeah, yeah, i know, half of it)... and you are gonna take the bike in the truck? WTF?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

He has to have something to bring the bits and pieces back home.

Reply to
Jan Andersson
.

Well, I've ridden out there and back twice so far on my bike, but the bike I have now isn't exactly designed for a 6 hour trip on the highway. I made it through ok this time, but can't say the same for my friend. I was right behind him when he lost it on a HARD right turn and plowed his bike upside down into the side of the mountain. He's ok. His bike, "not so much" like the kids like to say these days. I had a blast and got 90% of my mojo back after losing it when I smashed my ankle up a year ago in a motorcycle accident. I felt most of it (my mojo) come back as I passed a buddy doing 126 mph in a long sweeping right-hand curve with a several-hundred-foot drop-off just to my left. I got a reality check seconds later when another friend passed me on the left even closer to the cliff edge. We verified later with the speedo healer computer that he was doing 137 mph when he passed me... slowly. :-) I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! I finished wearing out my rear tire about 2 hours after I got there and my front tire is bald as can be now, ready to be replaced in a major way. Man, that was fun. Yes, I have gobs of life insurance.

Reply to
Shag

Sounds like you had a ball.

I really should go out riding more, the Duc is just sitting there not being used, a combination of living in the city and a rather stressed riding position. If I had the mulah I would get a more comfortable Monster instead of the SS.

I also scare myself at times, brain freeze in turns etc. all my track experience is with four wheels, I get the lines right but brain is a tad overcautious. I have been focusing on the "Not look at stationary objects, always look in the direction you are going" bit, slowly getting better.

I was much more at ease with the very lightweight RG 250 I had previously, especially around town, you could throw it around like a moped, very flickable. I recon this also has to with the fact I have probably been riding the SS

6 times since I got it running.. I got to the stage where I knew when the rear was letting go on the RG, not so at all with the SS.

Another thing with the RG 250 was the fact it almost felt part of your body, the mass of the SS does not feel comfortable as of yet.

Something else I experienced with the RG was the fact I felt way more comfortable and drove faster after a couple of beers, that tells me a lack of seat time, since you relax more after a slight alcohol intake.

A friend of mine rides a SS of the same vintage, and he praises the bike, his previous bike was a Honda V-twin(Sport, not cruiser) with a designation which I cannot remember, he never had a lightweight "race replica" like the RG.

So, more or less I blame the uncomfy bit on lack of seat experience. I would recommend anyone to try out a RG, RGV 250 or the more modern Aprillia SP250 though, you quickly grow horns on them things. :)

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I just found out ome of my customers was running his manx style dune buggie up and down the dragon last weekend. (gold metal flake color)

He said the 2000 chevy seats and kadron powered 1641Dp made the dragon a blast.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I didn't see the car, but that does explain the huge chunks of gold metal-flake colored bondo littered up and down the dragon that everyone was having to dodge. They must have fallen off of the car as he drove it along the road.

Reply to
Shag

They probably fell off the car when it was first started. Thats if it ran, if the car existed and if there was a customer.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Couple of pics from the trip:

Shag

Looking good! Lost a few pounds?

I'm also a T-shirt and shoes man when riding, downtown it is also shorts during the summer. Always the "sensible" croud telling you what a morron one is, Lip Up I say, my life and I do as I please. Tim is going to bitch now, somewhat rightfully so, doing what he does for a living..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I just made a plan and followed it: DON'T CRASH. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Unfortunately it seems Tim doesn't keep up with us much anymore...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

He's out riding his motorcycle with flip-flops, no helmet, and a tank top. He doesn't have time to criticize us. :-D

Reply to
Shag

Tim for president!!

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

He's said before he doesn't care for donorcycles....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Been there, done that and I have the bent and odd shaped toes to prove it.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres