OT: F###### piece of s### dodge

dodge makes SHIT. If you have a dodge dakota or durango sell it before it starts breaking down.

FOR SALE

99 Dodge Dakota 62000 miles $1100 in mechanical work last month. Now on top of it it has bad ball joints, differential problems, transmission problems, ABS problems. And now I find out it is common to have all of these problems with the piece of shit dakotas and durangos. Anybody wanna drive a turd around? I'll sell it to you under kelly blue book value. It's a nice looking piece of shit. Hmmm maybe I give Dodge to much credit. It's worse that a piece of shit.

Anybody have the address' of all of the stupid f###### dumb ass design engineers at dodge?

If I could afford it I would load the bed up with cow shit out of some farmers field and take it to the dealer to have this piece of shit repaired.

Time to go shopping for a dependable vehicle.... 5 months awaty from payoff on this stinkin turd.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

"\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" wrote in news:%iClb.81276$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.columbus.rr.com:

A friend of mine was rearended in his 1958 Desoto Fireflite by some guy in a 1998 Derange-o (what my friend calls them). This happened in mid-town Manhattan in the early evening so traffic wasn't to bad. The Derange-o hit him at about 15-20 mile per hour. His car suffered a twisted tail fin, broken tail light and slightly bent bumper. The Derange-o had to be towed from the scene as the radiator broke as well as one of the tie rods.

His insurance adjuster said the Derange-o suffered from $5500 in dammages, the Desoto suffered about 1000 and most of that was for the tail light and lenses. The bumper and tail fin were easily straightened.

Who says bigger is better althoug I'm sure both vehicles weighed about the same.

Give me old iron anyday

Reply to
insanitize

hmmmm, Maybe I won't check out the new Dakota.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I had a friend who sold his Dodge Dakota (97) last year. It had just got over 50,000 on it. It was doing pretty much the same thing. Bought a Toyota instead.

At least if something goes wrong with a Beetle, someone somewhere usually knows how to fix it, and it usually doesn't cost the earth.

Charles in Palatine.

Charles in Palatine.

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

transmission

Nahhhhh....just gotta get the big ones.....got a 98 1500 with 167000 on it (318cid....screw that liters crap), nothing but regular expected repairs...and it hasn't been babied at all....seen 1/4 mile work....towed trailers and more half across the country....gonna have to bury me in this one.....damn good truck....have a 2003 1500 (Hemi....whooohoooo) with 12000 so far.....will have to see what the future brings on that one.....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Ask local mechanics about the issue of the V/8 oil pump pickup too close to the floor of the oil pan,the one that starves the engine for oil and kills the bearings.

Freddy

"(O\\|/O)(.\\~/.)" wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

Man, I'm very sorry to hear that! I'm selling my high-top 91 GMC suburban

4wd for $3k. Any buyers? Travis - imagine what you could do with this monster! (The back fits a queen size futon, fridge, and it has cabinets in the roof. You could put a TV and stereo up there but.... naaaah.
Reply to
jjs

I really like the Dakota and would not be selling it other than the fact it is a piece of shit. If you still want one see if they will warranty it of ALL mechanical and electrical problems for at least 100K miles. My guess is they won't because they know it is a piece of shit that might not even make it thru a 30K mile warranty. Right at 30K miles I started having little problems develope. It's been downhill from there. If I could afford it I would advertise for Dodge. Or would that be advertise against Dodge. 4X8 sheet of plywood strapped to the bed as a rolling billboard. Nice artwork of a ram taking a smelly dump on a mountain of people. Maybe even have that ram appear to be eating a 'real' truckload of money. After all that's what they are going to screw you out of in the long run.

My piece of shit couldn't develope one or two of the problems. It had to get'em ALL.

Dirty rat bastards!

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

...you make one helluva tempting sales speech...but I think i'll pass. BTW....how the hell did you wind up with the POS....chrysler has been making garbage for far too many years for you to claim ignorance of the fact...

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

After this piece of shit I will NEVER get another new dodge. BTW I have the 318 cid ...for now... | > that a piece of shit.

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

I better hurry up and get rid of this one... I've already noticed it a couple of times... :-@ Oil pressure has gone to 0 a couple of times on me...

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Palatine, Illinois?

Reply to
jjs

Dennis,.........Don't spend too much time looking at any of the chrysler projects,................um,..................products.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Drove the ol' reliable getting ready to break down with 103K HARD driven miles Geo tracker lifted 5+1/2 inches with 31X10.50's Lockright lockers, skid plate, brush guard, high power driving lights, fiberglass top in and traded for this brand spankin new POS on a snowy night in March of 99. I shoulda put the $3k in repairs that the Tracker needed and drove it till it dropped. Shoulda, coulda & woulda ifn I'd known what you tell me now. Got the Tracker when it was new. Had it out 4 wheeling and stuck in the mud the day I bought it. It was my first new vehicle. This POS was my second new vehicle. Chrysler had just bought out Dodge that year if I remember correctly... The other vehicle I was looking at at the time... Jeep Wrangler.

The last Dodge truck I had I enjoyed. For 4 months that is... Some kid pulled out in front of me and totaled it out. Gave $600 for it and got $1200 out of it. That was about 4 months after I totaled a Chevy Sprint on some ol' lady who thought she owned the road. I had the Sprint for 4 months... Got 60 miles to the gallon outta that one. Drove from Ohio to Georgia on $8. In this POS I get 15 miles to the gallon on average.

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:48:02 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

ouch...the wrangler may be less comfortable as far as "creature comforts" but they last....i too was looking at the dodge Dakotas(this year) as a replacement for my mazda pu(worktruck)...i love the looks and the fact that it is bigger than a small truck(like my mazda) and smaller than my chevy.....but i heard some major horror stories like yours, and decided my mazda isn't that bad..LOL....considering a toyota tacoma now...or a used fullsized cargo van...decisions, decisions... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"(O\|/O)(.\~/.)" wrote

Don't know how you feel about Chevys but you might want to check out an S10 with the 4.3 liter (sorry Sneaks!) engine. I recently sold an '89 S10 Blazer that had 235,000 miles on it. I replaced it with a '94 S10 Blazer (last year of the `square' body style). The '89 had virtually no engine problems and very few problems overall, only normal stuff like needing to replace the starter, alternator, etc. No drivetrain problems at all. About the only complaint I have with them is some of the interior stuff is a little cheesy, like the console lids. The only reason I sold the '89 is that it was a

2-door and with a new baby I needed the convenience of the four doors on the '94. Chevrolet seems to have sold a gazillion S10s, so you may be able to find a decent older one fairly easy.

I do love the Toyota trucks too, though. I had an '88 4x4 that I loved.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

On the later V/8's , the pickup has only a 1/2 inch square opening. The one shown to me lost a crank kit due to oil starvation. The outline of the oil pump pickup was very obvious in the bottom of the pan, a result of touching the pan. The pan was not dented,but my mechanic pal did bend it down a bit for more clearance. He said this situation was far too common. Change oil-often,light grade, to clean that tiny opening and the sludge in the pan.I've thought an electric "pin welder" dent puller that bodyshops use could pull the pan down a bit to help the situation.(no holes).

Freddy

"(O\\|/O)(.\\~/.)" wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

"\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" wrote in news:%iClb.81276$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.columbus.rr.com:

I know of two that the oil pump died at 80k miles. The owners took excellent care of each. I like the way they look, but just don't trust them to last as long as I would keep one.

Reply to
TerryB

Mom has a 93 Jimmy that is a rock, except for a rear window that breaks whenever the weather stays below minus 50F for more than a day or two.....so she gets a new one every January it seems....now a co-worker has a Tahoe that just lunched a tranny at 76k....and he isn't too happy. A neighbor has an Accord that has spent 4 out of 11 months in shop.....sister-in-law calls her Passat the "NoPassIt" cuz it is always having an issue....so guess it does happen to all brands.....I've owned other brands but have always returned to Mopars cuz of good history and a fantastic local dealer...... ....and I know ToyoHondNissMazda makes a good vehicle.....I won't own another since they just don't "work" for me.....don't like the interiors.....not really fond of the exteriors .....and they just don't have any soul......that and the trucks.....on a quiet night.....you can hear the beds rusting away in New England....... ....but for every brand of car you will find someone who has had bad luck with them.....guarantied.....good luck in your search for a replacement....I got a '91 Jetta I'll sell ya cheap:)....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Yes, even though I'm a 5 call, I live in W9-land.

Reply to
Charles Fregeau