OT: HOT

but time to park the bug a couple of months and drive somethingwith AC. :-/

Reply to
Shag

Swamp cooler :)

Reply to
Tricky

sissy....it's within a couple degrees here just a bit north of you.... i drove the ghia today...damn thing only vaporlocked three times.... yes, i had three stops to make... time to re-route that stock steel supply line in the engine compartment...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

They don't work here, humidity is too high.

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I live in the Raleigh area and just got back from a 50 mile drive in my Bug, it wasn't bad at all. These cars have GREAT ventilation.

That being said Friday I drove the Jeep and will probably do so Monday and Tuesday too. When the temp is much over 95 and being stuck in stop an go rush hour traffic on I-40 with no AC it's just NOT fun.

However... under really nasty conditions like that it IS more comfortable than my Studebaker Lark was... a black car with black interior!

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I drove my bug to/from work last Thursday and it was in the 90s. About a 65 mile round trip. I'm next door to you in Fuquay, Jeff. I used to live up on the north side of Raleigh. I plan on staying inside a lot today and drinking lots of fluids. Only way to put up with the heat. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Those temps do kind of suck.

Randy