OT The Parents

Hello Friends:

Have been busy lately and not had a lot of time to post much on Ramva. Have been taking classes 3 days a week, and working full time with the cleaning business at night. My dad has been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks after having a stroke. We were hoping and praying for a quick recovery, but they just moved him to a nursing home today for some rehabilitation type activities. Honestly the family all know in our own minds that there is good chance he will probably never go through the door of his house of 38 years again. My parents moved into that house when I was 4 years old. I saw him a couple of days before he went into the hospital. He was not in the best of health before the stroke, but he was very mentally alert. The stroke has affected his brain, and he did not know who I was when I went to visit him in the hospital. I wish that I had stayed longer the last time I was over at the parents house. An additional thing is that my dad does not have long term care insurance, because he was unable to get it due to health problems. I hope the nursing home does not suck my mom dry financially. That would be not be good.

Not trying to bum everyone out, but just want to send a message that nothing is forever, so be sure to spend quality time with your family and loved ones while you can.

For some VW related conetent. I was going to the pre show party at Metalkraft Coachwerkes last Saturday after visiting my dad at the hospital. I was going to the party from the hospital, so I was drove the 67 to the hospital. They have one of those highrise type parking garages. I pulled in to look for a space, and to my surprise I found a Red Cal-Look 67 Beetle in the parking garage. There was an empty space next to it, so I pulled in so my Beetle would have company while I was there. I did not recognize the Beetle, so did not know who the owner is, and it was still in that parking space when I left. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

"Bill Berckman" wrote

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for your dad, you and your family, Bill.

Reply to
Scott H.

On 26 Sep 2003 19:54:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, Bill. I wish your whole family the best in dealing with this. I won't pretend to be able to directly relate with what you're going through right now, but I'm sure it's not easy. Be strong for the rest of the family.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Finland sends best wishes to your family and your father. Hope = everything ends up going well.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

I hope that at the same time as my saying my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, you won't think it tacky for me to urge you also to get in touch with a medicare lawyer asap. I been through it with both my parents and my wife's...the nursing home, the last days, the finances. Mail me if I can help. Best, Bill

Reply to
cloud8

Bill, My thoughts and prayers are with you. Been there and done that and still miss him 18 yrs later every day.

Eric 62 Ghia 68 Bug both topless

Reply to
Stutzsr

Bill,

Very sorry to learn of your dad's bad luck. I know you and the family will be very helpful. A small thing I've learned, and I mention this not to remind you, but others who may not know - always treat an ill person, even one who doesn't respond, with the deepest respect. They do hear you, and they are hurting.

My prayers for your father.

John (and Molly)

Reply to
J Stafford

.......................I can't speak for your wife's group but I have a real feeling of dread about how I'll be able to deal with your situation when it inevitably happens to my parents. They're in their 70's and I keep hoping against hope that they'll stay reasonably healthy for a long time to come. My mother had a deep venous thrombus in one of her legs a few years ago which resulted in blood clots traveling to her lungs (pulmonary emboli). She miraculously recovered from it after a lengthy hospital stay but it really scared the hell out of us 'kids' (there's six of us). Anyway, it's a difficult topic for me to come to terms with and I hope that your dad knows how much you care about him.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On 27 Sep 2003 19:01:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) ran around screaming and yelling:

we are "different" alright...LOL J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Well we did get some sad news. Dad died this afternoon. He was 77 years old. Not sure what the cause of death exactly was, but he died peacefully. My mom called me, and my wife and I drove over to her house right away. They live about 20 minutes away. The nursing home (that he had been a resident of for one day) let us come by and say our goodbyes and view his body before the funeral home removed it. I can send a link to the online obit in the paper in a couple of days when it comes out. Thanks again to everyone for their concern and compassion.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Very, very sorry to learn that Bill. You be sure to tell us if there is _anything_ we can do for you and your family.

John and Molly

Reply to
J Stafford

My sympathy Mr.Berckman... It is one of these things we all know are coming, but all dread.. I'm no wise man, and have no clever words for you, except for cheeks up and try to focus on something positive. I got grand parents in their late 80's, still only see them one/twice a year... we are all different, although I know I'll feel like s**te when they go........

My sincere best.

P.J.Berg.

Reply to
BergRace

Bill, Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family, so sorry for your loss. We are here for you, always.

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

...............My deepest sympathy Bill and may God be with your dad.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Sorry to hear that, Bill. Our prayers are with you.

Max Welton

Reply to
Max Welton

Not much I can offer as comforting words. My gramps passed away last winter. Remember the good times you had with him and try to keep sopmething of him alive. I use my grandpa's tools and the skills he taught me (He was a metal worker ) and he also taught me to respect nature which I do, and I have passed that on to my ex gf's two kids.

Be there for your mom too.

My condolences to the family.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On 28 Sep 2003 00:02:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) ran around screaming and yelling:

Bill, i'm sorry....sending well wishes and strength to you and your family...i know we(ramva) are all at a distance, but if there is anything that we can actually do, then let us know... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Sad news indeed. You can count on us, Bill.

Reply to
cloud8

Bill: Although I don't know you in real life, you always present yourself on this newsgroup as a decent, sincere caring person. What more could a Dad ask for? My heart and thoughts are with you.

Reply to
Steve

My condolence's are with you and your family.   Jim Bill Berckman wrote: Well we did get some sad news.  Dad died this afternoon. He was 77 years old. Not sure what the cause of death exactly was, but he died peacefully. My mom called me, and my wife and I drove over to her house right away. They live about 20 minutes away.   The nursing home (that he had been a resident of for one day)  let us come by and say our goodbyes and view his body before the funeral home removed it.  I can send a link to the online obit in the paper in a couple of days when it comes out.  Thanks again to everyone for their concern and compassion. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle  Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
bugfern