Outlets on oil bath aircleaner ?

I am still running an oil bath aircleaner on my fiberglass buggy but every since I have had it nothing has been hooked up to the outlet on the bottom and the round on on the side . Should these really be hooked up or was it something for the functionablity when it was in beetle form ? Thanks, Raz

Reply to
The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

If its the ones I,m thinking of the pressure differentials use to operate a valve to mix hot or cold air going into air cleaner. Blank them off, you dont want "outside" unfiltered air getting into the carbie side of the aircleaner. Any one else know what the relative advantages of oil bath and cartdidge type air cleaners are?. Cheers John

Reply to
John

You need to give us the year of the air cleaner you have...

If it only has the two hoses as to say, the one on the bottom side of the snout would go to the exhaust stack as an intake preheater.

The one that is around 1/2 inch in diameter would go directly to the oil filler for evacuation of case gasses.

Again, either place a year to your cleaner or post a pic and any and all questions will be cleared up.

Reply to
Gary Tateosian