Re: Up and running at last

Possibly one point Muir was right about.

unless he left it unhooked because it is bad, and he is ordering a replacement, he *and* Muir are full of it...check his eye color.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Muir desarmed the auto choke, but convert it to manual! No choke is really bad ideia.

Reply to
Macsoft

its like: "hum... my fan is making a noise, better remove it! Hey! Runs like a charm! until it overheats and your engine goes dead forever! :) German engeneirs with decades of vw engine study came to the conclusion a choke is a good ideia. What is your mechanics excuse? Well you can say that the choke opening beeing realated to the heat of the electric resistence, in oposed to beeing related to engine heat directly is not a good solution. Muir did, changed to manual. But there's still a choke there. Probably not a good ideia to keep disconnecting engine parts and assume they are not need. I wouldn't trust a mechanic like that.

Reply to
Macsoft