Parting out '72 beetle N.CA Arcata.

not a super. but has McPhersons. no engine. front end damage.

707 616 0997
Reply to
Crusader george

if it has McPhersons, it is indeed a superbeetle...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Supers in 1973 got the curved window.....yours is just an early super. I need some metal off the back of it if you have a saws all........I can take a pic of what i need. I was going to try to fab, but i think it would be easier to cut and paste.......

Reply to
vgonman

They do make aftermarket McPhearsons for std bugs.

Big uproar about them as the take all the suspension wieght and load it all onto the bottom shock mount !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

don't mistake a coil over *shock* for a strut....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

True - but thats my point - people do !

Could be thats what is on this bug ?

Another big assumption is , all supers have disk brakes and 1600 engine.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I wish my Super came with disk brakes............

Reply to
vgonman

in the US market every superbeetle had the 1600cc engine, but no beetles, super or otherwise, came equipped with disc brakes...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ther you go - thats my new thing learned for today !

Seems they got the combo wrong ! more power but no disk brakes.

Here the 1303s (see the little 's') has 1600 and disks, without the s it has

1300 and drums.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

You can add them, but I think you should change the master cyclinder.

Reply to
Crusader george

I have added them to my standard...big difference in stopping power. But i just adjust every month for my super.

Reply to
vgonman