Poor man's billet brake release button

If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1 parking brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type 2 ('68 on) I polish them a little.

Reply to
the man

parking

2 ('68 on)

OEM Custom... what a concept!

Love the idea

Reply to
ChrisKlinger

It's even a bit shorter that the plastic button. almost recessed. low profile.

Reply to
the man

It's even a bit shorter that the plastic button. almost recessed. low profile. in the winter I polish the nuts. I would never powder coat them.

Reply to
the man

Awesome, would like to see a collection of "keep it in the family" tricks like this.. Heck I'd even allow watercooled VW's as sources.... I'll give one example: if your later model beetle does not have "night/day" position lever on the rear view mirror, you can take the mirror from an early watercooled VW, it has the exact same twist-on mount. I got mine off of a Passat for my 74. :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I polish my nuts in the summer. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I have kept my hands off of any Polish nuts.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Two great little tricks :)

let's maybe keep this thread going ?

Rich

Reply to
tricky

for my rear viewing I over laid the original mirror with a wide angle one. It's nice and still pivots. I don't drive at nite or in the rain.

Reply to
the man