Popout window seal install

Question: What is the proper(easiest?) method to install the outer seal in the popout window frame(the seal that rests against the pinch welting)? Thanks in advance...

Deb, 71SB

Reply to
Debra Chervenka

The eaiest way Let someone else do it....lol

or start with glued seam of the rubber placed at the seam of the pop out frame(were the 5 screws hold it to the body). I use a beveled wooden paint stick to SLIDE the rubber in place. if you place the rubber in the grove's one edge and streatch it you can use the paint stick to push the rubber under the other edge of the frame. then as you go you can slide the rubber back. It might help if you have someone hold the rubber where you started until you have it going. I also think its easier if you have your finishing point on the flat bottom edge of the frame. the paint sticks are what any paint store gives you stirthe paint, you can use a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface to bevel the edge.

Hope this helps Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks Mario, It basically worked out just the way you said. The only trick I added was to apply some silcone "tire shine" to the frame with a make-up brush so it would slide around the frame easier.

Reply to
Debra Chervenka