Popout windows in a 69 type1

Hi

I bought some popout windows at a swap meet for my 69 Beetle. I also bought the pinch welt and screws from CIP.

The screws are machine screws, so the question is are all type 1's pre-tapped for popouts? If not tapped, should I just get self tapping screws?

Before I go poking thru the headliner looking, it'd be nice to know.

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
James Isaacson

69 ground up

Thanks, hopefully the popout brackets will provide a good place to start poking around!

Reply to
James Isaacson

installed as option or not. Now to find those holes eh.

Maybe in the '69 (or '65< with the larger windows) but not in my '57, '60, or '62. :o(

Gazza

Reply to
Ben Boyle

In my pre 65s there are no hoes... I can check on our 71.

Reply to
MN AirHead

I received an email with a picture of a 69 being restored and the holes were there. Thanks to all that responded. If anyone wants to see the photo, let me know and I can send it.

Reply to
James Isaacson

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:43:40 -0500, "MN AirHead" ran around screaming and yelling:

i ran outside very quickly to check and see if my 68 had one of those...unfortunately the answer is NO...damn it... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:53:52 -0400, Joey Tribiani left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Oh gawd, I hope mine didn't come with any hoes cuz if it did they've gotta be pretty beat-up and muddy by now. :-)

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Trav being a '63 yours has the small windows so unfortunately... no hoes. Mebbe they need the larger windows in order to climb in?!? If big window bugs come with hoes I'm thinkin' it's time to upgrade ;o)

Reply to
Gazza

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:58:53 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

could be fun to lick them clean....hehehe J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani