Possible Scam on TheSamba.com?

I have a '73 beetle listed for sale on thesamba. Today I just changed my ad, so it went to the top of the listings again and I got this email....

From: joy adams ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) Ad : '73 Standard exc. mechanical needs paint

Dear Sir,

I am Joy Adams from Belgium, I am interested in the above subject item and will like to

purchase it, if available for pick up.

Therefore, kindly supply the following informtion regarding it :

  1. Brief Discription of its present condition with picture(s) if available.

  1. Bottom Line Cost of it without shipping cost.

Thanks for your co-operation, while awaiting for your quick response.

Thanks, Joy

Seem fishy to you guys? I checked out the scam examples on thesamba, and this doesn't seem to match. But I have a brief description of the car and 9 pictures of it on the samba. Why would "Joy" be asking for those? Should I continue with this one? Obviously, I'm not going to send money to anyone. But the whole Belgium thing makes me nervous...

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Ben Boyle

Have 'em send cold, hard cash by registered mail.

Reply to
jjs

I recieved an almost identical email about a motorcycle I'm selling. Different name of course, and they were a little more lengthy in words, but same basic reply.

-=A=-

Reply to
-=A=-

Do you mean gold or diamonds?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:01:59 -0600, Michael Cecil scribbled this interesting note:

Either would do.

John Willis

On 16 Feb 2005 21:17:51 -0800, "Anthony" scribbled this interesting note:

It is a scam. Don't bother.

John Willis

Figured as much. Since there is a plain description and pictures right on the ad, I see no reason to send "joy" any info. Damnit! I need someone real to be interested in this car! Anybody here want a '73 std? It's in good mechanical shape.

Here's the ad

Anthony

It looks like a nice car for the money. I'm broke or I'd be interested.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W