RAMVA meeting, Sept. 12, Georgia

I would like to propose an official (Since the King of Ramva will be attending, i.e. myself :) ) RAMVA meeting to be held at the Southeast Bugfair VW show, on September

12t, in Toccoa, Georgia.

I plan to go to the show, and a few other Ramva people I know are coming too. We might as well try to make it a large RAMVA get-together, plenty of VW's and like-minded people around. We could try to make a reservation at a nearby restaurant or something, if there is enough interest. ( I just don't know any up there, no idea what kind of an area it is... Kathy? )

I won't be picking up the tab this time, but at least you will be able to enjoy my charming company ;)

Otherwise we could just hang out at the showgrounds and meet & greet there.

Let's hear your comments.

If we need to organize something (like restaurant reservation), I will need everyone to step up and tell me they are coming. Can be a private list too.

If we just agree to meet at the show (I'll wear something pink and fluffy with feathers so you'll recognize me ) then maybe there's no need to collect names. Just set a time and place, ("Meet at the gate at noon") and how to recognize each other, or me.

Let's get the ball rolling, tell me what you think.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Yeah, Jan will be the one totally out of place wearing a suit... Or a lacy pink number and a pair of house slippers. ;)

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

LOL

I have a reputation to uphold... so I probably will ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hi Jan, I'll be there with my charming wife. We can get the announcer to send out a message for all Ramvites to meet in a certain area and the restaurant idea sounds good too. Will see you there and we will both be wearing Rare Air t-shirts .

"Wild" Bill and "Blondie" Tucker

President and First Lady Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, "Blondies' Car"

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Cool Bill, I'll see you there, hopefully :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I'd be glad to join the meeting, but it's a bit far from here... ;) = Maybe you will provide us with pictures of the meeting. And say greetings from me to all attending.=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi

I might try to make it unless me saying that makes a bunch of people say they won't go if I do. Or maybe I'll just go anyway. ;-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Well, I can't make it, but it should be lots of fun if you get it all worked out. We should hold one in New Mexico .........................................

Or not.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I'll bring my camera :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Umm, precisely ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Bill, Make sure you get Richard (Ricky) Harris to go along with you..

Reply to
vwluvrs

Hey Bill, there's a good chance we'll be taking a detour to Pensacola on that Sunday morning. We're taking my niece and her father requested we stop by. Perhaps we could meet you and Blondie for breakfast and then we could follow you up to the show? Just a thought.

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

To vwluvrs: Getting Richard out of the Pensacola area is a major task but I'll see what I can do :)

To Kidd : Sounds like a great idea but it is about a 7 hour drive from P'cola to Toccoa. We will be driving up in our '76 on Sat. morning :( Hope to see you there and maybe you can make it to our show this October.

"Wild" Bill and "Blondie" Tucker

President and First Lady Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, "Blondies' Car"

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

"Jan" wrote

Sounds good to me. Not sure if I can make it but I'd like to. Every show/club/cruise needs at least one weird guy with a rusty Super, right? I'm *that* guy. :-)

Reply to
Scott H