Re: Is Engine Compartment Rain Deflector Dangerous?

> I recently purchaed a moulded fiberglass rain deflector that fits over > the louvers on the engine lid. The instructions specifically warn > against using the deflector in temperatures over 74 degrees > fahrenheit. I would swear I've seen a number of these things over > engine compartment louvers - all year round! > > Should I take this off - now that the weather is getting warm around > Chicago?? > >

..............I would. Proper cooling is lot more beneficial to your engine than keeping it dry.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Funny you should mention this. My husband has a metal "fin" above his louvers. I asked what it was for (he also has his hood offset about

1.5 >>
Reply to
ismlv