'69 type 1 front hood

I'm trying to fix-up a '69 type 1 for my daughter. What goes under the vents in the hood, at the base of the windshield? Anyone have spare parts? The car had the vents duct taped up, when we bought the car.

Reply to
john luckey

george taylor

When the hood closes, it seats against (and I could have my terms wrong) a fresh air distribution/control box. The box has a rubber seal on the top that seal against the bottom side of the hood. Two cables on the box go to the backside of the dash and have knobs on them. The knobs control the fresh air from inside the car. Besides have air connections, the box also has a drain connection. A tube connected to the drain connection channels any water safely to the ground.

This info is about a 70 bug. I can get you some pictures if it helps.

--

Reply to
Oldman

Anyone have a fresh air box, cables, and/or control knobs they would like to turn into cash? :-)

john luckey wrote:

Reply to
john luckey