Re: OT we are safer

I agree.

> Probably that stay in Guantanamo has turned an 11 years old kid into > a very potential terrorist. Well done! > just my opinion too, of course

Aren't there laws how a 11 year-old can be captured and interrogated. Not that I know how this has been carried out, but video footage has not been nice.=20

Oh, I forgot. International agreements and ...=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi

...............Holding an 11 year old for a year and a half for being an armed member of a terrorist organisation and then releasing him doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

So if that same 11 year old came running at you with a "funny looking" vest on back in Vietnam what would you have done.

Reply to
EuroBug

EuroBug

Did you know there were kids on the jet that they flew into the Pentagon? That video footage was not nice. It's shame that we had to capture an 11 yr old. Who put him on the battlefield? Of course you never read any of the interviews of released detainees that said they were treated humanely. Or of the medieval life of girls in Afghanistan under the Taliban. Or the kids used as human shields. I'm so thrilled that the world holds America to such impossibly high standards of perfection while they sit back and criticize that we don't do enough/do too much/do it wrong/ while they do nothing.

Reply to
K5

It is very propable that there were.

No it was not.

Yes, a very big shame.

Ends justify the means? Where you look at it, you may not see=20 any option to the events occured. Where I look at it, I see=20 multiple options. Maybe you cannot be objective, maybe I=20 cannot be subjective. However, I think everyone should learn of this recent mishap in the world. Glorifying it is wrong,=20 condemning it fully is wrong.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

.............To be fair, there are military personnel in Afghanistan from several other countries besides the USA. Your point is valid though.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My country is one of the many in Iraq right now. and I still am against all of it.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Not probably were - absolutely were. So where's the outrage?

Never. Pleading, begging, blaming and wringing your hands until a more horrific attack occurs? Also, never.

Sorry. Don't understand that elite intellectual UN-speak. But I'll take your word for it.

Mishap? Intentionlly targeted innocents being slaughtered is not a mishap.

O.k. I blew off my steam.

Reply to
K5

My bad. And it is a long list of nations - even though some elitists sneer at the smaller ones like Poland, Bulgaria, etc.

Reply to
K5

Shoot a Hippie and throw his body at the 11 year-old?

Reply to
jjs

Dan, If the little kid tried to kill us we would have killed him first no matter what his age. This is not about that at all. This is the america we fought for, not someplace where children are put in prison camps for defending their country for what ever reasons. We have always believed that the rules of war should be followed and only our foes would operate outside of them. I'm ashamed of what has happened to us since we began making our policies based on fear.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I'm not arguing with your pov. But what if that kid was trying to kill a GI and was captured instead of killed?

I think current imperfect policies are based on reality - not fear. What would the people bleating about everyone being so fearful say if we lost all freedom abruptly (i.e., FEMA, constitution suspended, etc.) because we failed to act when we had the chance and prevent a catastrophic attack on our country or allies? I'll tell you what they'd say - they'd say "why didn't someone prevent this?" or "we asked for it". But because they'll never commit to action on anything, they'll always think they're elevated above anyone that does.

Reply to
K5

Do you have something against hippies?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Elite? I don't know. If you say so. Any rational attempts to think might be considered elite then.

=20

I would not call it a good thing either. =20

Hope it helped a bit.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Reply to
Ilambert

Elite? I don't know. If you say so. Any rational attempts to think might be considered elite then.

I would not call it a good thing either.

Hope it helped a bit.

Reply to
Ilambert

Reply to
Ilambert

....................There were more Iraqis getting killed by their own government (mass graves of up to a 1/4 million have been identified). We've lost 500+ of our soldiers but the Iraqis are now free of a genocidal Baathist regime that would've continued murdering its own people by the thousands for decades to come. These 'tears' for Iraqi children are just a smoke screen for a partisan agenda, in my opinion.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
Braukuche